The Meadows Original Frozen Custard got its start in the summer of 1950 when J.V., Richard and Delbert Meadows opened a small custard stand in Duncansville, P.A. Lines over fifty people formed immediately. It was an instant success and remains a great success to this day. Now considered a tourist attraction, the Duncansville location is still in operation and owned by Dick, Jay and Joel Meadows, sons of Delbert.
Demand for the smooth, frozen treat has spread, with franchises totaling nearly 30 in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey – each individually owned and operated.
Over sixty years later each Meadows location still serves the same recipe that got its start in 1950 and has kept our business successful from one generation to the next!